The Advisory Board (AB) is an external, independent and proactive organizational entity aiming at guiding, promoting, advising and supporting the Faculty of Business and Tourism in the efforts to achieve its mission.
The role of the Advisory Board (AB) is to assist the dean and the faculty's leadership team in:
· developing short, medium and long range goals and strategic planning; the AB serves as a “sounding board” for present and proposed programs and activities of the faculty, by providing valuable information and by offering counseling in problem solving;
· developing and strengthening the business community outreach and service; bridging academia with the world of business constitute an effective way to facilitate an improved adjustment of the educational and research processes to the business environment requirements; it can also bring business executives to share their business expertise into the classrooms and other close contacts with students and faculty, in both formal and informal settings;
· establishing mentoring and internship opportunities in order to enrich business students' learning, practical and work experiences;
· increasing the potential for partnerships, that can help in identifying additional resources (financial ones included) for the faculty's diverse projects.
The Advisory Board includes 8 members highly competent and experienced in the field of business and representing a mix of company profiles:
1. Sorana Baciu - Ministry Of Economy
2. Alin Burcea - President/ ANAT; General Director/ S.C. Paralela 45 Turism S.R.L.
3. Calin Ile - General Manager/ North IBIS Hotel; President/ Federatia Industriei Hoteliere din Romania
4. Camelia Sur - External Relations Group Manager/ Procter & Gamble Balkans; President/ Romanian Union of Cosmetics and Detergents Manufactures
5. Ana Maria Paslaru - Marketing Director/ Unilever
6. Laura Simon - Regional Supply Chain Manager Europe/ LC Waikiki Regional
7. Valeria Mihaescu - South East Europe Human Resources Director/ Astra Zeneca
8. Carmen Calin - Recruitment Manager/ Mega Image Delhaize Group
9. Aurelia Mihai - Head of HR Development, Auchan Romania
10. Alina Ostahi - Country Manager Romania, Travelport
The members of the Advisory Board are meeting ones a year in ordinary session, and in extraordinary session whenever necessary, at the invitation of leadership team to discuss issues and to make recommendations.